TECHNICAL SYSTEMS CONSULTANT IV
The IT Technical Consultant uses in-depth knowledge of technical solutions, integration tools and applications to meet the business needs whilst enhancing the alignment between business process and information technology. The incumbent will have technical and functional expertise within multiple integration areas across a range of business subprocesses. The IT Technical Consultant is responsible for identifying solutions, designing integrations and alignment with the business needs and IT architecture standards. The consultant is also responsible for driving process improvement by collaborating internally within IT and business partners. This position serves as the principal technical consultant on all projects and research connected to their area of expertise. On all but the largest projects, the incumbent may act as the IT Project Manager. This position is primarily responsible for identifying solutions to meet current and future business needs but can also involve directing the work of others. As subject matter expert, technical coaching and peer technical development is an integral part of the role.
- Lead, design and manage the solutions architecture for Application to Application and business to business integration, leveraging Enterprise Service Bus and Data Virtualization technology
- Define and align the global integration standards, principles, best practice to optimize the solutions used within McCormick.
- Serve as functional leader between Business and Technical teams regarding integrations across multiple applications and technology projects, formulating systems scope and objectives relative to business needs and project requirements, applying industry best practice.
- Drive continuous improvement and appropriately challenge solutions to improve performance, minimize complexity and reduce Total Cost of Ownership
- May act as a team lead. Maintain control over allocated project budget to ensure compliance with expense and capital allocations. Under general supervision, this position may plan and direct the work of both employees and contractors in the development and/or support of moderate to complex systems applications.
- Network, benchmarks and actively participate with external shared groups to gain insights into the emerging trends and potential use of new tools and/or techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree, related experience in lieu of degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Relevant experience in a similar architecture role with experience across multiple system platforms. Experience of integration in a complex enterprise-wide SAP ecosystem landscape across multiple on premise and cloud hosted applications.
- Strong Enterprise Service Bus and Data Virtualization technology awareness.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge and understanding of core business functions and its implications relating to system integrations.
- Proven experience of architecting integrations within an SAP enterprise landscape including cloud applications.
- Demonstrated skills in effective project management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. In-depth technical and functional knowledge/understanding of more than one business area through project participation/experience.
- High level knowledge of multiple business functions and can assess impact of changes requested. Has knowledge of industry trends; takes practical steps to ensure up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Understanding relationship between technical development and strategy of organization.
- Manage project budgeting process, including tracking costs of actions and decisions.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills are used to guide, influence and convince customers and 3rd parties of the preferred course of action.
- Solid organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to business stakeholders and across levels, up to Sr executives.
- Acting as a mentor and coach within team and across IT and proactively shares knowledge.
- Frequently interacting from peer to Director (presents to and interacts with function heads and steering committees). Performs role in a professional manner with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Proven ability and aptitude to analyze complex problems and provide solutions at speed.
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related space
- TOGAF or similar enterprise architecture framework certification
- SAP certification
- 6sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Proficient in Enterprise Service Bus and Data Virtualization
- CPG or FMCG
- Seeking constant improvement opportunities and appropriately challenge technical solutions to improve performance and maximize the value/Total Cost of Ownership ratio
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.