Are you the innovative type with a proactive and naturally creative nature? Are you looking for a new challenge in your NPD career?
As an inclusive, forward thinking business, we take pride in our approach to New Product Development across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Development Technologist to join our NPD Team, based at our Hereford site
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self focused "foodie", with a logical approach to their tasks and a customer focused mind.
Purpose of the role:
As a Development Technologist, you will work closely with cross functional teams including Technical, Operations, Commercial and Planning & Procurement. You will effectively support the delivery of new product initiatives and renovations.
Your key responsibilities as Development Technologist will include:
- Having an awareness of the retail and food service markets and current products / ranges in your area
- Supporting internal and external benchmarking sessions and completing product information sheets for all competitor products as required
- Work with suppliers to develop products to customer briefs
- Supporting customer presentations ensuring all required documentation has been completed
- Ensuring all development activity is completed in line with NPD Procedures and Processes and information is correctly and accurately recorded
- Managing launches to ensure the product complies with the specification and meets the agreed quality parameters
- Working in conjunction with technical & operations, organise and execute production trials and manage subsequent shelf life assessments, organoleptic testing, cooking instruction verification, and nutritional sample analysis
- Using production trials to generate information to validate the product costing
- Liaising with the site-based Operations and Technical teams to plan the Product launch
- Supporting the NPD Development Product Manager in delivering NPD initiatives to key deadlines
What we are looking for:
- Experience in developing and launching new products with retail and food service customers
- Experience of managing critical paths and coordinating with internal departments to ensure successful product launches
- Knowledge of the functional characteristics of food ingredients is essential
- Thorough understanding of the product development process from concept through to launch
- Ideally hold a recognised qualification in Food Sciences or related subject areas or experience of working within a product development role within FMCG – ideally Meat/Poultry
- A full UK driving licence is essential - there will be travel to other Avara sites and Customer sites
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe which include:
- Virtual interview process
- Daily temperature screening
- Rolling out risk based Lateral Flow Testing across operational sites
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
- Virtual meetings and remote working
What’s in it for you?
As a Development Technologist you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as continuous development as you build your career with us. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following
- 31 Days Holiday
- 6% Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Various lifestyle benefits, including wellbeing resources
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.