Technical Manager – Beverage (Dairy & Coffee) – FDS 1667
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team.
Are you an experienced, passionate, quality driven Food Science or Food Technology professional looking to become an integral member of a forward-thinking, fast paced technical team? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the UK’s largest coffee shop operators? If this is you, check out NSF’s Technical Manager – Beverage (Dairy & Coffee) position below! We’ve broken down the job to four (4) main areas of responsibilities for you to easily determine if you’re the best fit!
• Guardian of the Costa brand integrity for your area for both product and suppliers.
• Communicate what we do to Costa for them to use as a platform for building trust in the brand.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders in the end to end supply chain.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN
• Schedule and manage the audit programme for Costa suppliers and distributors of food and drinks.
• Performance Costa standard audits as per the schedule; audits will be for own and other product categories.
• Specific to product portfolio - Technical management of the end to end supply chain for the suppliers and distributors of Costa brand drinks and ingredients. Maintain due diligence monitoring of other brand suppliers.
• Provide contracted technical support to The Costa Roastery.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of Costa Supply Chain Assurance Standards / NSF guidelines and standards.
• Deliver a programme of supplier monitoring activities that reviewing KPIs, ensuring corrective measures are robustly actioned and supplier standards are driven forward. This will include site visits.
• Collaborate with suppliers to drive continuous improvement through regular reviews and implementing live quality improvement plans.
• Provide support through the creation and maintenance of Best Practice guides across the supply base.
• Ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance with the Costa’s requirement
• Maintain and update supplier records.
• Support Costa buyers in the identification of cost savings in the supply chain.
• Maintain visibility of every stakeholder in the supply chain.
• Co-ordinate and manage incidents related to food safety, legality and quality including decision making, investigation, root cause analysis and follow up of actions
• Analyse and investigate supplier complaints and issues to identify the cause and solution
• Ensure there are no successful enforcement challenges on the safety for your area.
• Work with suppliers to implement corrective action plans to address the causes of actual and potential product non-conformity.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, ASSESSMENT AND CONTROL
• Collaborate with client colleagues and suppliers to drive the development process
• Ensure all new products and product improvements are launched on time from technically capable suppliers.
• Maintain active and accurate product specifications for product portfolio and carry out regular reviews on these with the supply base
• Work closely with suppliers to ensure that any provenience claims can be proven and defended if challenged
• Ensure delivery of quality and availability plans
• Responsible for the End to End quality of your category
• Facilitate the Global NPD process by ensuring technical compliance with UK legislation and regulations
• Drive and support technical innovation in new products, process and equipment
What do you bring to the table?
YOU enjoy establishing strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders!
YOU have a passion for driving standards and improvements!
YOU possess experience in retail/manufacturing food processing - particularly supplier audit/inspections and HACCP (recognised lead auditor qualification, HACCP Level 3 or equivalent)!
YOU are knowledgeable in food labelling and legislative requirements and know what is takes to technically launch great products!
Check out the other requirements below!
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience
• Must have a degree (or equivalent) in Food Science or Food Technology or relevant extensive experience in a related subject (retail or manufacturing) in the food processing sector
• Knowledge of food labelling and legislative requirements
• Experience of developing, reviewing, authorising menu and/or retail pack label copy and specifications
• Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers at all levels. Be able to work alone and as part of a team, and be able to liaise with customers, colleagues and suppliers at a number of levels
• Experience of supplier audit/inspections and HACCP (recognised lead auditor qualification, HACCP Level 3 or equivalent)
• Experience of launching new products (concept to store) from a technical point of view
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of numeracy, good negotiation skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation and ability to maintain a valid and current passport and have the ability to travel domestically and internationally
Preferred Knowledge/Skills and Experience
• Possess +5 years of experience in the retail/manufacturing industry.
• Understanding of a range products types and processes, with specific experience in dairy processing and milk alternatives.
• Passion and experience of working in or with the retail sector would be advantageous.
• Proficient with web-based specification and supplier management database systems
• A good knowledge of international food labelling legislation
• Demonstrate a positive and committed attitude, supporting a culture of continuous improvement & embrace change. Ability to make decisions in a collaborative manner.
• Strong leadership skills and excellent time management skills. Creativity and problem-solving skills. Accepting of responsibility and ability to work under pressure.
• Adhere to Company’s Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies. Adhere to Company Financial procedures. Respect individual and Company confidentiality rights
• Role requires regular supplier visits (predominantly UK, but outside of the UK can be expected). Approximately 50% travel.
• May be required to sit for long periods of time
• Moderate physical effort required
To apply, please click the APPLY NOW button