Our client, a leading international food processor is looking to appoint a Safety, Health and Environment Manager. Reporting to the Group SHE Manager, the SHE Manager will support the site in driving Safety, Health and Environmental performance – focusing on delivering & tracking strategic initiatives & improvement programmes.
- There will be a clear focus on delivering customer CSR requirements, including cost savings and new initiatives.
- Managing progression towards group standard on environmental, ethical and lean management.
- Focusing on long term vision of making the site self-sufficient in the management of SHE issues and leading the change towards an intervention culture.
- Working with all key stakeholders to develop and maintain a positive HSE culture.
- Advising, guiding and coaching management on all matters relating to environment, health & safety and take direct responsibility for reportees
- Supporting improvement projects at site and at group level.
- Ensuring understanding and implementation of management systems in line with ISO 14001 and ISO45001 where appropriate.
- Supporting the group utility reduction programme and supporting on projects to deliver resource efficiency savings, identifying areas to reduce cost and maximise profit.
- Providing support to sites on achieving customers sustainability targets.
- Auditing and monitoring performance against management system, policy and legal compliance, with site SHE roles.
- Investigating incidents and enforcement activity to verify any proposed corrective and preventative actions and ensuring they are working effectively.
- Reviewing and advising on evidence of the determination of liability claims.
- Studying trend analysis from accidents/incidents, audit findings and advise management on areas of improvement.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a Food Manufacturing environment is essential.
- Experience of managing and influencing positive changes within an organisation, supporting the development of a Health & Safety culture across the site.
- A NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) holder in Occupational Health & Safety is a minimum requirement.
- Systems knowledge is essential. specifically in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
- First class communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Management systems experience and auditing – e.g. ISO14001, ISO4500.
- Knowledge of current and future UK and EU environmental and health & safety legislation.
- IEMA Associate member (ideal)
- Lead Auditor (ideal)
- One of the UK’s leading food processors
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- The company continues to grow a sustainable business through strategic investment to deliver the quality and added value they know their consumers want.
- Safety is not just a priority but a condition. The company is committed to people, safety, sustainability and quality as the foundations of their forward-looking business.
The role will be site based working Monday to Friday, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. The role commands a competitive salary and will involve some travel to other sites so ideally you will have a full driving licence.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4533 with an updated CV and an indication of your salary requirements.