Job ref: 62853 | c. £27,000 | Wiltshire
You will be working for a traditional business which produces high quality, organic and chilled fresh products which are supplied to wholesalers and specialist retailers, plus direct to consumer operations. The business has seen phenomenal growth over the last few years and has installed new production lines to meet demand.
The Production Manager is a very hands-on role and is responsible for the day-to-day production, team management, and delivery of fresh products direct to customers. The role offers excellent scope for progression as the business grows.
Essential tasks include:
- Plan production quantities in accordance with the production plan
- Ensure efficient production line management
- Operating and managing production washing and filling lines
- Oversee product quality and hygiene standards
- Organise despatch of products and ensure despatch paperwork is completed
We are seeking a proactive and highly organised individual with previous food or beverages production/processing experience together with previous supervisory responsibility.
You will also:
- High level of common sense and be adept at fixing broken down machinery
- Good mathematical and communication skills for managing product orders and dispatch
- Be versatile and able to cover for other staff when on annual leave
- Food Hygiene and Food Safety certificates highly desirable
- Driving Licence essential due to site location and covering deliveries as required
The Production Manager job is based in Wiltshire and is paying c. £27,000 (paid at £13.00 per hour) plus 32 days annual leave.
The working hours are Sunday to Thursday, 6.30 am – 2.30 pm. There is daily overtime available and typical hours will be 45-50 per week according to production schedules. Some early starts may also be required to cover deliveries (3 am).
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Production Manager job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Food Industry Production Jobs | Production Supervisor | Production Team Leader | Production Line Leader | Food Production Jobs | Wiltshire