Job ref: 62857 | £40,000 - £50,000 | Home Counties / East Anglia
Established over 20 years, this family-run and fast-paced fresh produce business runs from a purpose built, state-of-the-art premises and supply predominantly to one of the UK’s biggest retailers.
The company also uses up to date technology and machinery, allowing full complete customer satisfaction and flexibility. There are further exciting expansion plans on the way, therefore this is an excellent time to join the company and grow with their continued success.
As Technical Manager, you will be a key part of the site management team reporting to the Technical Operations Manager on the senior team.
The team is relatively small and very hands-on, however, a real emphasis on teamwork and collaboration has made for a great working environment and continued business success.
- Manage the supplier review and approval process.
- Management of site hygiene, internal auditing, and site inspections.
- Customer complaint management and root-cause analysis.
- Manage ethical and sustainability compliance.
- Coordinate and lead technical team meetings.
- Set and review site-wide compliance KPIs and report to the wider management team.
- Enhance the quality culture throughout the site.
- QMS management and document control.
- External audit lead for industry and customer audits.
You will be an extremely driven and passionate individual - excellent communication and relationship building skills are crucial; the team work closely with a family spirit; therefore, a team-focused approach is vital compared to possessing every technical skill listed.
- Strong QA/technical track record in the food manufacturing industry.
- Fresh produce experience desirable.
- Educated to a degree level in a food related subject (or have equivalent experience).
- Working knowledge of Tesco PIU and BRC Global Food Safety Standard.
- Additional qualifications such as Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing, Lead Auditor beneficial.
- Driving license due to the remote location.
The Technical Manager job is based in the Home Counties / East Anglia region and is paying £40,000 - £50,000 according to experience.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Technical Manager job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Quality Manager | QA Manager | Site Technical Manager | Head of Technical | Technical Controller | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Essex