Simon Howie Foods is a multi-award winning business based in Dunning near Perth. We are a customer led business where quality, customer service, high standards, consistency and reliability are not just words they are the backbone of our business.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, we are looking for an experienced NPD Technologist who will support and manage the NPD process to deliver innovative new products for our key retail customers. You will enjoy a dynamic and varied role where you take responsibility for managing NPD projects from initial concept through to launch.
Working in partnership key internal departments, you will use your strong understanding of NPD processes to highlight potential risks and issues, driving continuous improvements and applying any corrective actions to ensure we maintain our position as a trusted and respected manufacturer of high-quality products.
• “Specification” responsibilities include maintaining existing and completing new specifications both internally and for customers involving retailer specific portals
• Managing the NPD critical path including communication of critical new product launch information
• Generating technical pack copy information
• Artwork approval including checks to ensure artwork is legal and contains all the correct information
• Ensure relevant approved information, e.g. new or amended recipe specifications, approved artwork and QASs, are communicated to relevant colleagues in a timely manner
• Contribute to internal discussions about product development and innovation so as to maximise competitor advantage
• Manage the Simon Howie product portfolio on Brandbank for use across our retail partner websites
• Regular external product benchmarking
• Provide additional technical support to the team to ensure the business meets safety, legal and specific customer requirements in relevant technical areas
• Degree calibre
• Experience in a similar type of role, preferably within the chilled produce sector
• Sound knowledge of labelling legislation and artwork approval processes
• Experience of completing “retailer specifications” would be an advantage
• Comfortable working on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Experience of co-ordinating product launches or similar activities where you had a leading role
• Demonstrates a “can do” attitude
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working as part of a multi-national team
• Effective IT skills, (MS Office – excel, word, outlook)
To apply for this post, click on the apply button and/or follow the instructions below.
CV’s should be supported by a covering email or letter which outlines why you think you are a good fit for the role.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We are only able to respond to successful applicants. We will do this not later than 7 days after the closing date but we will be reviewing applications as we receive them. Closing date is Friday 4 June 2021.
Applications without a covering letter / email will not be progressed.
Strictly no agencies, canvassing or cold calling