This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
(3 shifts rotating 24/5)
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Operate processing and packing machinery equipped with a manufacturing recipe management system, batch cards, recipe sheets, SOPs and standard work instructions
- Inspect and maintain safety as well as quality parameters and specification
- Safely execute the start up and shutdown procedures for all our equipment
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity optimisation
- Prepare production documents, such as manufacturing batch records, quality records, inventory reports, or productivity reports
- Adjust key variables/parameters of the process and demonstrate how such adjustments impact the finished product
- Execute Autonomous Maintenance activities - general cleaning, inspection, and lubrication of equipment to prescribed standards
- Maintain equipment performance through the understanding of equipment structure and functions as well as being able to successfully investigate the cause of potential equipment abnormalities
- Work independently or with a team and utilize problem solving tools (RCA, 5 Why) to determine root cause, eliminate losses, and improve processes
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing/production role, food and drinks manufacturing experience preferred
- Good literacy and numeracy skills e.g. English & Maths
- Understand the relationship between quality values and company’s brand and image
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards work and colleagues, able to work in a team
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavour to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, as well as seeking a competitive salary,benefits package, and the opportunity to work with a global flavour leader we are the right place for you Please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n°83887).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.