The business has grown from strength to strength over the last eleven years to become a market leader within the drinks sector. At the forefront of product innovation, the business now produces a range of unveils exceptional products supplying a range of customers
The business is currently looking for a passionate and self-motivated Artwork Specification Technologist to join the Quality Team on a temporary basis to support key activity within the business. You will be supporting the artwork process, generating product specifications and ensuring the smooth running of artwork origination within the business, through to the delivery and receipt of correct labels and associated printed packaging.
- Manage and generate where necessary specifications by coordinating and incorporating the ingredients declaration, nutritional and allergens information, recycling info, etc.
- Project manage assigned artwork projects, collate feedback, communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders in line with project timelines
- Creating artwork briefs, gathering all relevant input from stakeholders
- Lead pre-production meetings with repro, graphic companies, to ensure project requirements fully understood
- Work with graphics companies to ensure business artwork requirements are fully understood and business needs met
- Attend print runs where necessary as well as visits to other sites, suppliers, and customers to ensure their packaging processes meet customers’ requirements, and any trials that maybe need to be completed
- Review and approve artwork ensuring it is technically correct, uses suitable print methods, and matches specification, which adheres to current quality, safety, and labelling legislations in markets
- Experience and understanding of artwork repro and colour/print process
- Technical knowledge of printed packaging development
- Track record of delivery of printed packaging from receipt of brief to technical approval
- Ability to self-manage resources and projects
- Flexible approach in a fast-based environment
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and abilities in stakeholder management over cross functional teams
- Ability to present information in a structured and concise manner
- Understanding of regulatory labelling requirements in EU, UK, other international markets
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a packaging or technical artwork role working closely with printers and copackers
- Relevant Science Degree, e.g. Food Science, Engineering, Packaging or equivalent
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.