Job ref: 62860 | £20,000 | West Midlands
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and forward-thinking business which is constantly evolving and developing their products to stay at the forefront of their sector and maintain their reputation for producing an exciting product range.
We are currently looking for a QA Technician to complement an existing passionate, friendly, and enthusiastic Technical team in a busy and demanding manufacturing environment. The role will be split with around 50% laboratory time, and 50% time in and around the production facility.
- Laboratory duties such as conducting product testing and shelf-life testing, stock control, record keeping and equipment verifications.
- Support the maintenance of the companies Food Safety Quality Management System (FSQMS) and BRC compliance.
- Conducting hygiene inspections of the manufacturing facilities.
- Conducting environmental monitoring such as ATP swabs, micro swabs, and air quality sampling.
- Conducting monthly Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP) audits of the site.
- Liaising with production teams to ensure corrective actions are being effectively implemented on site.
- Training and coaching of manufacturing employees in the company’s quality procedures.
Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science/technology related discipline, you will possess previous experience in a quality assurance related role within food manufacturing. This may be from a university placement.
You will ideally possess basic food laboratory experience (e.g., titration, microbiological techniques, calibration), but full training will be given.
Additional qualifications such as Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing and HACCP are an advantage.
The QA Technician job is based in the West Midlands region and is paying £20,000.
The package includes 33 days annual leave, employee discount scheme and both formal and informal learning and development opportunities.
The working hours are 12.00 pm – 8 pm, Monday to Friday, however this is somewhat negotiable. Some flexibility required to start as early as 6 am to cover other members of staff as required.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the QA Technician job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Quality Assurance Auditor | QA Auditor | Quality Technician | QA Assistant | Technical Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Quality Technologist | QA Technologist | Food Industry QA Jobs | West Midlands