Job Title: Senior Product Technologist
Based: North West London
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 + benefits
A leading food manufacturing business with a portfolio of successful indulgent food products is looking for a high calibre Product Technologist to join the team on site.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, your key responsibilities will include:-
- Creating, reviewing, approving, and maintaining of specifications including raw materials and finished products based on the knowledge of UK/EU legislation
- Creating and maintaining database of artwork / pack copies, checking, and reviewing artworks to ensure they are up to customer specifications.
- Manage food safety and GMP trainings and challenge effectiveness.
- Review of food safety systems at regular frequency to highlight gap and agree corrective actions with team for implementation.
- Developing, maintaining and continuous work on improving food safety & quality management systems.
- Trend analysis for consumer complaints for investigation of root cause with QA team.
- Creating finished product specifications and maintain database.
- Updating supplier credentials, packaging, and raw material specifications
- Approving new suppliers, new ingredients, raw materials and maintain the database.
- Support preparing site for food safety accreditation to BRC as well ass own label retailers standards.
- Educated to at least A level/Diploma or a Degree level in a food related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar role.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and self-initiative.
- Strong knowledge of food safety systems.
- Knowledge and practical application of legislation relating to food composition and labelling, ideally acquired across several product categories.
- Attention to detail with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in using Excel as Internal Specifications are compiled using Excel.
- Good team player can do attitude.
- Need to be flexible.
- Able to work under pressure.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join a dynamic FMCG business in this exciting and varied role.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 14852/11fmj.
Not right for you? We would still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.