Our client, a fast-growing Chilled Food Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, is looking for Technical Services Technologists to join their Technical Team. The successful candidate will generate and maintain finished product specifications for our diverse range of customers and work with colleagues and customers to respond to and address related queries.
They are looking for both a permanent member of the team and for someone to cover maternity leave on a 12 month contract (contract commencing beginning of July 2021)
- Responsible for finished product specifications, ensuring these are generated in approved formats for all customers including retailer-based specifications, to agreed timescales and ensuring compliance with customer requirements and relevant legislation.
- Completion of all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications.
- Ensuring timely review of all finished product specifications.
- Working closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply Base.
- Assisting as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete. Gathering required or missing information by liaising with Suppliers, ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements.
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participate in the company internal audit programme and provide support within the Technical Department
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent in a food science relevant discipline
- Knowledge of food legislation and labelling would be an advantage
- Conscientious and diligent, with good attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of technical systems including HACCP
- Competency in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Strong IT skills / strong attention n to detail. Experience can be during placement.
- Confident communicator – obtain info from suppliers / internally
- Experience / understanding of providing support on 3rd party visits and audits
- Understanding of how to write a technical specification
- Knowledge of food legislation and labelling an advantage
- Impressive growth with substantial investment
- Passionate about food, excellent reputation in the Food Industry, flexible and fast-paced
- Bespoke service creating ambient, chilled and frozen products specific to customer requirements
- Diverse range of non-retail customers from blue chip food groups, to on trend restaurants
- Informal culture but totally focused approach
The salary for this role is £23,000 - £24,000 and working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday within office hours.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4535 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.