We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Food Supply Chain Consulting Lead within our Consulting & Training & Technical Services Division. We are looking for a technical lead who will have full responsibility for developing and delivering the supply chain and technical consulting strategy and programmes. You will manage numerous projects, coordinate NSF resource and independent consultants in and around the UK/globe and provide technical expertise in relation to food manufacturing and retailing.
As Food Supply Chain Consulting Lead you will report to the Business Lead Consulting & Technical Services, UK and your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Be able to work alone, as part of a team, and be able to liaise with customers, colleagues and suppliers at a number of levels.
• Substantial knowledge and experience of all relevant food safety legislation in this field, experience of working with supermarkets and food manufacturers and crisis management.
• Preparing business proposals and quotations.
• Working with risk assessment and factory standards/processes and audit procedures
• Working with EU and international food labelling legislation
• Negotiating on technical matters at all interface levels.
• Project management to achieve high levels of performance aligned to KPI’s
• Undertake Consulting led projects when required.
• Supporting the Consulting Lead in providing an out of hours crisis management service, operated on a rota with other colleagues.
• Liaise effectively at all levels within NSF International, with clients, with client’s suppliers and with other external organisations
• Listening to client’s needs to determine other NSF services which might be applicable to the client.
• A degree (or equivalent) in Food Science or Food Technology and relevant technical extensive experience in food manufacturing environments across several product categories
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of numeracy, good negotiation skills.
• Category specific experience in food safety, food technology and product quality in the EU and internationally
• Experience of audit/inspections and HACCP is preferred but is not essential (recognised lead auditor qualification, HACCP Level 3 or equivalent)
• Experience of working in or with the retail sector would be advantageous
• Import/export regulation for food safety in the EU and internationally
• Knowledge of food safety culture, crisis management, food fraud and other technical challenges.
• Experience of dealing with non-food consumer products
• Experience of working with proprietary specification systems, project management software, excel and other Microsoft products.
• Whilst the position is based in the Hanborough office, the job-holder will be expected to visit client’s locations, within the UK and overseas, but with flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
• A valid driver license and reliable transportation and ability to maintain a valid and current passport and be willing to travel domestically and internationally
WHAT NSF OFFERS YOU
If working in an environment that promotes creativity, thought leadership, close collaboration and importantly mitigates risk to human health, then NSF can offer you the chance to make a difference. With its commitment to diversity and gender equality, let NSF help you to build your career aspirations in a multi-cultural setting where everyone’s voice is heard.
For more information on what NSF can offer you, please watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5_OszUbIg
Apply now! Reach out to us by sending your CV and motivation letter in English. Looking forward to talking to you soon!