Job ref: 62864 | £22,000| Essex
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative, high-quality manufacturer which supplies to various retailers throughout the UK. You will join a supportive team with a friendly working atmosphere.
The Production Planner is responsible for producing daily production plans and projections for raw material needs for the site. This is a challenging position suitable for an individual with ambition who wants to develop a career within a planning environment.
- Check stock produced daily and stock levels weekly and update planning schedule.
- Check orders waiting for despatch, check new export orders received and plan accordingly.
- Plan production required to meet demand and to maintain average stock levels, with an understanding of capacity and forecasting.
- Work closely with purchasing to ensure stock levels of packaging and ingredients are available.
- Produce and issue daily production plans, taking into consideration batches per shift, planning restrictions, product changes, downtime for cleaning, etc.
- Export reports from Sage on a weekly basis to check BBE dates and shelf life
We are seeking an organised and positive individual with previous food, FMCG or similar production experience. Previous experience in a planning role is required, although full training will be provided on the planning used.
This role may suit a recent graduate with a planning placement who is looking for a full-time role.
Good computer skills are required, with a very good understanding of Excel (using and creating spreadsheets with formulas and graphs), Word, Outlook, etc. Previous experience of Sage 200 would be an advantage, although training will be provided.
To succeed, you will lead by example, have excellent communication skills and good attention to detail. A driving licence is also required.
The Production Planner job is based in Essex and is paying £22,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 7.30 am – 4.30 pm. You may also be required to work up to 15 Saturday shifts per year to meet the needs of the business.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Production Planner job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Material Planner | Production Planning Jobs | Food Manufacturing Planning | Demand Planner | Raw Material Planner | Food Manufacturing Jobs | Food Industry Jobs | Essex | Home Counties