Our client, a Lancashire-based family business, is looking for a Raw Material Supplier Technologist. Working closely with the Technical, Product Development, and Commercial teams you will evaluate, risk assess and maintain accurate documentation relating to all existing raw material suppliers and new suppliers.
Key Accountabilities are as follows:
- Obtain approval documentation from existing and potential new suppliers in the form of Supplier Approval Questionnaire (SAQ), formal accreditations (e.g. BRC, SALSA, ISO), and HACCP documentation
- Complete risk assessments for raw materials and suppliers to ensure compliance to Food Safety, Customer requirements and all current legislation
- Develop and maintain the Raw Material Ingredient Specification System
- Actively participate as a member of the HACCP and TACCP/VACCP team
- Investigate supplier issues and complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion
- Audit raw material & packaging suppliers
- Approving artwork & labels for product range
- Working with the site and store teams relating to Natasha’s Law
- Support the technical function and wider needs of the business as required.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment in a Technical/QA role
- Working knowledge of HACCP & CCP’s
- An understanding of quality management systems
- Knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC / SALSA) and legislation
- Basic Food Hygiene and Level 2 HACCP qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Good IT skills, including word-processing and spread sheets
- Valid driving licence
- Lancashire-based family business
- Currently one of the county’s largest employers with more than 800 staff
- Recently moved to a purpose-built distribution centre
If you have an enthusiastic and positive attitude and are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4537 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.