Plant Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to Plant Director, the Plant Supply Chain Manager provides team leadership, direction and oversight to the multiple supply chain activities of the Plant and the Warehouse. It is also an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an expansive leadership opportunity as the role sits on the Site Leadership Team.
Littleborough Plant is very high-speed wet condiments manufacturing site, with multi packing lines which play key role in the EMEA region in Flavour Solutions division (https://www.mccormickflavoursolutions.co.uk). McCormick globally sells to top 10 food & beverage companies and the top 10 food service restaurant chains.
- Providing leadership and oversight to the plant scheduling, warehouse and logistics team, including materials purchasing planning, production scheduling, inventory management, product life cycle change management, disposals, risk and SLOB management, master data governance.
- Optimising raw and packaging materials inventory by reducing overall stock and SLOBs risk while maintaining high service to the plant.
- Making sure that day to day warehouse activities are running smoothly as well as ensuring high levels of health and safety
- Responsible for the primary distribution cost (shunting) as well as liaising with 3PL warehouses
- Building a high-performance culture of continuous improvement and enhance organizational capability.
- Empowering people – team leadership, including coaching, training and motivating personnel (5 direct reports).
- Ensuring all team members have meaningful training and development plans linked to their career aspirations and capabilities.
- Developing individual goals for direct reports and ensure alignment to functional OGSM's. Follow up and monitor progress of individual goals and adjust as necessary to changes in business priorities and objectives
- Identifying and implementing improvements to working practices to improve efficiency, performance and reliability in the supply chain, including vendor management, seasonality and promotions planning and supplier inventory planning.
- Leading plant scheduling activities for product life cycle management, including new product launches, reformulations and discontinuations.
- Responsible for all systems monitoring and enhancements (SAP), system training and core power users. Main lead into McCormick IT for technical enhancements/changes.
- Responsible for the tactical and strategic factory materials and inventory plans, set targets, manage year on year stock value/inventory turnover improvements to support UK Supply Chain targets.
- Represent plant Supply Chain planning on local, regional and global projects, regarding Commercialisation, CCI and engineering changes.
- Securing strong working partnership with 3PL.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent. A relevant post graduate qualification in Supply Chain is desirable.
- Operations/Supply Chain background and proven track record of target focused delivery in fast paced Operational environment
- Experience in fast paced food and complex work environment (ambient & chilled experience desired).
- Experience in Material planning & management
- Experience of inventory analysis and management, including managing and leading improvements in inventory turnover/stock accuracy and JIT/Kanban processes
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with suppliers
- Working knowledge of cycle-count process and SAP, ERP systems
- Extensive knowledge of S&OE, S&OP and IBP process
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Ability to deal with complexity and change
- Customer focused
- Strong team player
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 93070).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT em