Position: Site Performance Manager
Based: Haddenham, UK
This position is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and functional expertise to the Plant for loss analysis, analytics, and training systems. You will support Plant Leadership Team in the JTE (Journey to Excellence) strategy focused on building Employee capability, providing data reliability system and driving Employee engagement through implementation of high-performance work systems to achieve exceptional business results.
Create visibility to Loss Data
- Lead annual Loss Analysis to support site’s OGSM and budget targets
- Help prioritize loss reduction projects in collaboration with the site leadership team
- Provide supporting data analysis and justifications for any technology improvements and capital expenditures and feasibility studies
Lead site Focused Improvement pillar
- Lead site Data and Analytics
- Maintain integrity of site data through training, health checks, and change control. Focus includes scorecards, downtime data base, manual tracking systems and SAP master data.
- Provide analysis and insights to key performance metrics like Process Reliability, Productivity, Yield and Scrap.
- Collate and publish site scorecard every month.
- Create and execute site Analytics strategy.
- Establish scorecard review processes based on the appropriate frequency and participants.
- Drive data-based decision-making behaviour at all levels
- Implement Effective Training systems
- Coach site employees and SMEs on the methodology and tools:
- Basic performance data and trends
- Problem solving
- Root cause analysis
- Loss Reduction projects
- Academic degree, preferably in in Engineering or a related discipline
- Broad experience from working in manufacturing operations
- Background in Total Productive Maintenance / Lean, Change Management and Organizational Effectiveness
- Experience in a CPG preferred
- Experience in autonomous project leading
- Familiarity with creating reports using our current (and future) BI tools, e.g. SAP Hana, Tableau
- Experience from analysing complex datasets, generating insights and building robust statistical models
- Ability to analyse complex information to make judgments and decisions. Data intensive - thrives in detail with purpose - does not get paralyzed by analysis.
- Change Management: Ability to create people change plan for strategic initiatives. Ability to be an influencer of large or high-risk change initiatives
- Managing Vision & Organizational Purpose: Ability to provide key insights to leadership in order to influence priority development
- Strategy Development & Deployment: Ability to develop action plans, obtain or assign resources, and align day-to-day processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Project / Program Management: Ability to achieve project goals and objectives by applying the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about successful project completion.
- Financial Acumen: Understanding of key financial topics, including:
- Budgeting, Cost Center Ownership, CAAP, IRR, Yield, Waste, Scrap and Loss Analysis
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.