Our Client, a well-known UK Restaurant Chain who believe in “People First” is looking for a Specification, Allergen and Nutrition Manager, based at their Central Kitchen Facility in London. This role involves co-ordinating and completing technical systems activities relating to allergen and nutrition control within internal specifications and processes.
Reporting to the Head of Technical for Production and Supply Chain, key accountabilities for the role are:
- Assessing product specifications and raw material information to determine the correct allergen & nutritional information for each item within the supply chain
- Collating, reviewing, and approving raw material specifications along with relevant validations where applicable, conducting risk assessments where required
- Multiple supplier liaison, dialogue and relationship building
- Designing a new supplier specification template & ensuring ongoing accuracy
- Preparing internal quality documentation such as factory specifications, quality attribute sheets and other technical guidelines
- Supporting the Development Team following process trials; analysing trial data and recipe / nutritional information to prepare internal and customer quality attribute sheets
- Originating and approving artwork on new products
- Conducting specified internal production or supplier audits as part of the overall audit programme
Skills and experience include:
- Experience working in a complex Food Manufacturing site or within the Hospitality / Foodservice sector
- Qualifications and work experience to demonstrate competency in this area of food technical management – specifications, allergens, nutrition and food labelling
- A sound understanding of HACCP principles
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- Effective time management skills, able to work within tight time frames with ability to plan & prioritise, think clearly, strategically & succinctly
- Excellent team player, enthusiastic with a solution focused attitude
- A well-known UK Restaurant Chain
- Driving sales and growth to become Market Leaders within their niche
- Committed to investment in Quality and Food Safety
- Non-Hierarchical, Sociable Brand – very People Focussed
- Award-winning Team Development programme
The working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, office hours with flexibility, and offers a Competitive salary plus benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this Specifications Manager role then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4505 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.