Production Team Leader (Nights)
Job ref: 62870 | to £37,500 | Gwynedd
This manufacturer is one of Europe’s leading innovators within their market sector. Their tremendous success is owed to their dedication to customer service and providing the highest quality products to some of the world’s best-known brands.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the purpose of your role is to manage and control the production and packing team, ensuring products are manufactured and packed to both company and customer standards.
You will plan, manage, direct and review team resources to achieve performance targets and departmental objectives, using KPI’s and effective communication to focus team working and drive continuous improvement.
- Achievement of daily production targets, controlling resources to achieve this.
- Ensure labour and materials are monitored in line with budgets and waste improvements.
- Ensure quality practices are achieved against internal and external standards.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all production, quality, and hygiene documentation.
- Effective problem solving and fault finding to reduce stoppage time and increase line performance.
- Manage the performance of the team including appraisals and immediate training plans.
- Effectively manage the initial stages of absence (including the RTW process) and disciplinary issues, up to and including first stages of formal process and ensuring compliance to company procedures.
Strong production management experience is essential as you will be in charge on the full production site on the night shift. Your experience will be from FMCG or most preferably food manufacturing.
You will have good knowledge of production processes and Health & Safety requirements plus ideally HACCP.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be numerate, have excellent delegation skills and be an effective communicator both verbal and written.
A driving licence is required due to site location and a Reach Forklift Licence is also a benefit.
The Production Team Leader job is based in Gwynedd, West Wales; however, the company would also like to hear from interested candidates who are willing to relocate to the area.
The role is paying up to £37,500 including shift allowance (£28,000, rising to £30,000 after probation plus 25% shift allowance).
The working hours will be 21.45 pm to 6.00 am, Monday to Friday.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Production Team Leader job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Production Supervisor | Production Line Leader | Production Manager | Food Manufacturing Jobs | Food Production Jobs | Gwynedd | West Wales