At Oscar Mayer Erith, we specialise in making and developing retailer label prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers. We are committed to supplying outstanding quality, value and service to all our customers.
Due to growth and expansion in our business, we are looking to grow our Product Development Team.
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
- To drive and deliver the concept development requirements of customers – to develop creative meal solutions which meet customer, consumer, and category objectives with regard for manufacturing core competencies, legislative requirements, critical paths and margin aspirations
- Drive continuous improvement by being attuned to ongoing developments with new raw materials and processes, competitor activity and market trends in associated categories
Work with Concept Development and Chef teams to drive customer focused innovation pipelines
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To recruit, lead, motivate and manage direct reports to achieve agreed targets and objectives.
- Work closely with all functions to deliver focused development that achieves pre agreed gross margin and optimises existing capabilities and site capacity.
- Manage site customer feasibility meetings and close out of actions following before customer submission.
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge and expertise within the target cuisines and in food generally.
- Understand the wants and the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Develop customer category understanding and relevant consumer insight so we effectively deliver development to the correct target audience.
- Present professional presentations to customers both internal and external that succinctly portray detail around concepts, the rationale behind them and innovation plans to drive category growth
- Support the NPD Controller to plan, organise and control resources to deliver new product development concepts to agreed quality, cost and timescales.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other site NPD teams and functions.
- Gain an understanding of other site capabilities to support cross site development projects.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships at relevant levels. In conjunction with the NPD Controller/HOD manage off brief projects to scope & shape the medium to long term development plans utilising the Oscar Mayer innovation platform to create the customer innovation pipeline.
- Work in conjunction with the site Process Manager to oversee the successful handover of products from kitchen to factory.
(Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience)
- Qualified to degree level or above in Food Science or a related subject
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing preferably
- Strong and proven track record of NPD achievement at a relevant level
- Extensive food development and recipe knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working in and leading a team
- Strong financial and project management skill set
- Sound communication and negotiation skills teamed with professional gravitas
- A passion for all things food