Job ref: 62838 | £30,000 - £35,000 | Home Counties
This role involves working for a well-established and leading supplier of ambient products. The business has a wealth of experience in sourcing, manufacturing using high-performance machinery and efficient distribution.
The purpose of your role is to support the business in ensuring products are safe, legal, and meet customer requirements plus fully comply with all quality, food, GMP, environmental standards and policies and external certification (BRC).
- Be the point of contact for customer technical representatives including major retailers, foodservice and B2B.
- Attend customer visits of supplier sites and coordinate the response to any actions required.
- Involved in new products, including completing customer specifications, and ensuring artwork is legal and conforms to customer policy and design requirements.
- Day-to-day maintenance of the consumer complaint system and coordination of subsequent investigations including trending.
- Ensure all factories have the relevant accreditation (BRC, Organic) and maintain a library of certificates and reports/non-conformances.
- Manage internal auditing
- Coordinate the sharing of Ethical / CSR information from sites to customers.
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a food-based discipline, you will possess solid quality management experience within food/drink manufacturing and looking for a step up.
You will be able to display an in-depth knowledge of HACCP, BRC, food safety and GMP standards and ideally experience working with retailer systems. Strong communication skills are required as you will regularly liaise with technical, development and commercial teams both within and external to the business.
An awareness of VACCP/TACCP and food quality assurance related qualifications such as Food Hygiene, Food Safety, HACCP, Internal Auditor etc. are all highly desirable. A driving licence is also preferred to visit customers once restrictions allow.
The Quality Manager job is based in the Home Counties and paying £30,000 - £35,000 according to experience.
The role includes various benefits including pension (3% employer and 5% employee contribution), free parking, death in service (4x salary), 25 days annual leave increasing to 27 after 5 years of service, health insurance scheme and discretionary bonus (6.25% typical).
How to apply
If this really like you and you want to be considered for the Quality Manager job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternative job titles
QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager| Technical Supervisor | Technical Manager | Food Industry QA Jobs | Food Industry Jobs | Bedfordshire