Role Overview Owning the site production for a period of 48 or 72 hours and the delivery of the Production Plan to meet Customer demand whilst maintaining Quality, Financial and Health & Safety targets. Manage and coordinate your pair of Production Teams to ensure safe and effective execution of tasks during the shift. Act as escalation point of contact for our customers/suppliers at weekends and evenings. Ensure a smooth transition of priorities when ‘off-shift’
This role will involve weekend working covering the whole of the production site. You will not be expected to routinely work nights but manage the night shift via your team. Working 7 days out of 14 (~11 hr days).
- To implement, promote and improve Bevisol Health and Safety and safe systems of work principle by interacting with all relevant plant functions and third-party contractors, Champion for Health & Safety and Environment in the department;
- Be pro-active in the Management of the production teams, resolving day-to-day issues that occur. Develop and maintain an effective resourced team;
- Ensure production procedures/SOP’s are up to date, live and reflect current processes, including HSE, customer and quality requirements;
- Review / amend weekly and short-term Production Plans against resource availability to meet Customer demand;
- Own a part of the planning function (Internal Scheduling or External Planning) along with your opposite shift manager
- Support the Team Leaders in the translation of production plans into shift plans;
- Work with Production and Planning to achieve the plan in the most efficient way;
- Monitor current production performance and materials stockholding, recognising potential issues, and identifying areas in need of improvement with recommended solutions;
- Review and monitor Production performance via available KPI’s and regular meetings;
- Work with Production and Planning to make recommendations to continually improve performance;
- Ensuring hygiene is maintained at the agreed standard, always driving improvements in this area;
- Review and monitor site losses to achieve an improvement on current situation;
- Deliver safe, legal & quality products;
- Support and maintain accreditation to BRC Quality Standards.
- Production Staffing expenditure (Training, overtime, absenteeism);
- Cost of Production (cost/Litre; consumables);
- Minor capital.
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent;
- Brewing/Cider Making/Winery Industry qualifications desirable;
- IOSH/HACCP/Food Safety qualifications desirable.
- Extensive Team Management and Development;
- Delivering KPI’s in a manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of the beverage industry supply chain processes, from raw materials to end customer;
- Knowledge computer modelling in excel and capacity planning;
- Knowledge of Cider production.
- Base decisions on objective evidence and attention to detail;
- Support colleagues to ensure team success;
- Work with pace, urgency and care;
- React enthusiastically and flexibly to changes;
- Create a clear sense of team spirit and inspires enthusiasm;
- Listens and takes into account the views of other.