A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Junior Product / Food Technologist to join an exciting and rapidly evolving branded business. Driven by a culture of innovation, ambition and entrepreneurship, this amazing brand bring delicious products to health conscious consumers. They are now looking for a bright technologist to train and develop into an amazing technical expert.
You will be working as part of a small team at the brand’s HQ in London and be a key member of the Product Team, championing quality and technical integrity. In this broad, challenging and stimulating role you’ll be:
- Working closely with the brand’s manufacturing partners you will be responsible for the safety, quality and legality of all products within their portfolio, being the main point of contact for technical and quality related concerns.
- Co-ordinating and running regular quality control panels, both internally and with suppliers, safeguarding the consistency of the company’s mouth-watering products.
- Flexing your analytical mind and problem solving skills to find solutions to any technical issues which arise.
- Taking ownership of, and maintaining, the product and supplier databases. Going on to build and maintain strong relationships with these suppliers, working synergistically with them to isolate the root causes of any customer complaints.
- Keeping up to date with the latest legislation, utilising this knowledge when dealing with product, ingredient and packaging specifications, allowing you to manage the labelling & technical sign off.
- Help embed the Quality Management System within the business and continuously improve the Procedures, Records and Templates.
- Support with technical aspects of new product development and achieving successful launches as well as supporting with quality improvement projects.
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious graduate with a food science / food technology degree, with some previous experience of working in a similar technical or quality role within the food industry. You’ll be passionate, bring heaps of energy and enthusiasm to the role along with an inquisitive and logical mind.
Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, you’ll have top notch communication, organisation and prioritisation skills along with an excellent analytical approach – a necessity when handling multiple projects and liaising with colleagues at all business levels. Additionally, you’ll be proactive and able to use your own initiative, think outside the box and consistently exceed high technical standards.
If you are a confident technologist who has a “can do” attitude, and loves making things happen, then get in touch as this could be the amazing brand you’ve dreamed of working for.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.