Job ref: 62768 | £28,000 - £32,000 | North West
This role is working for an extremely successful, BRC AA Graded food manufacturer. The business, which supplies high-quality products and exceptional service, enables their food manufacturing customers to innovate and increase productivity without compromising on quality.
The purpose of the Multiskilled Engineer is to ensure that all onsite food manufacturing machinery and equipment run safely, smoothly, and reliably plus provide both a proactive and reactive maintenance service, working on both mechanical and electrical systems.
- Maintain all site mechanical/electrical equipment including production machinery, buildings, support services and utilities to required standards.
- Proactive machine maintenance following the PPM schedule to plant, machinery, and equipment to prevent unplanned downtime.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, liaise with the engineering team to implement those improvements where possible.
- Occasional installation requirements, though the job will be predominantly orientated towards maintaining machinery uptime.
- Liaising with all internal departments to ensure potential issues/factors affecting the business are communicated promptly and escalated.
To be considered for the Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer job, you will possess:
- Experience in a similar Engineer role (ideally 70/30, Mechanical/Electrical spilt).
- Preferably completed a time-served maintenance engineering apprenticeship.
- HNC Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- Experience working in food manufacturing or FMCG desirable
- Electrical qualifications (NVQ level 3/ 18th edition) (essential)
The Multiskilled Engineer job is based in the North West region and is paying £28,000 - £32,000 according to individual skills and previous experience.
This is a shift-based role working rotating shifts of 6 am – 2 pm / 2 pm – 10 pm. There will also be night shifts as required (paid at a premium rate), on-call (1 in 4) and some weekend work which will be given back in lieu.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Multiskilled Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.