To ensure that all industrial specifications and related paperwork are completed on time and in full, with a right first time approach, to agreed deadlines, and that all associated documentation are accurately approved.
- Follow all the Company’s Health & Safety rules and guidelines at all times.
- Completion of customer specifications in an accurate and timely manner to strict deadlines, which are right first time
- Ensuring that all customers COP’s are adhered to and any changes are communicated to the wider business, working in conjunction with the Quality Assurance team to conduct GAP analysis
- Communicate effectively and clearly to members of the team and senior management
- Liaise and discuss work deadlines and goals with customer via email, phone and direct contact if required, and ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Feedback to the project manager on a regular basis of all work/issues relating to specifications and their progress with customer
- Working closely with the process and NPD teams through product development to write and manage Gold standard specifications, attending project feasibility meeting to capture challenges at an early stage so that they can be resolved, as part of the stage gate process.
- Maintenance of existing specifications through a review programme within agreed timescales
- Work closely with the Quality Systems team to review supplier specifications using Hamilton Grant (raw materials and packaging) to ensure they contain correct information and to be confident to challenge the content of specification.
- Translating recipes and supplier specifications into customer specification format.
- Interpreting nutritional analysis and running calculations to review against criteria where applicable
- Complete the relevant internal trackers for specification control.
- Support any customer audits e.g. BRC etc
- Handle queries for both internal and external customers e.g. on ingredients in a timely and thorough manner
- MUST have proven experience writing and updating specifications accurately and working knowledge of customer systems; Hamilton Grant, Qadex etc
- Food labelling and relevant legislation – legal labels completion desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the food industry
- HACCP level 3 or above
- Food Hygiene level 2 or above
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including industry specific requirements; M&S A-List, etc
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, organisational skills, the ability to prioritise work effectively and high attention to detail are needed for success in this role.
- Ability to negotiate, influence & recognise others view point.
- Ability to develop effective relationship with other areas across site.
- Ability to work unsupervised & on own initiative with varied workload
- Ability to multi-task
- Good team player
- Level headed and ability to work to strict deadlines
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Industrial Specification Technologist position send your CV to email@example.com
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.