The Kitchen Food Company is a fast growing Australian food production business with facilities in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane - delivering quality fresh food nationally.
We pride ourselves in being INNOVATIVE. PASSIONATE. FRESH. QUALITY. SEASONAL. in our fresh food solutions.
We have a strong presence in the food service and retail industries, servicing blue chip organisations, many of which are iconic household names.
The culture is entrepreneurial and inclusive, where employees can look forward to rewarding careers with the Company.
ARE YOU THE PRODUCTION MANAGER WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides overall leadership, direction, management & motivation of all team members by leading by example to drive and deliver on targets and budgets
- Proactively manages performance issues and drives team development. Enforce constructive feedback and learning culture
- Identifies learning needs in team and drives training initiatives to lift team skills and facilitates on-the-job coaching as required
- Ensure all staff complies with food safety standards and procedures and proactively provides input and solutions to address gaps
- Responsible for the efficient running of operations ensuring production at the highest quality and standard of food in line with specifications
- Ensure the highest benchmark of food safety and quality is maintained at all times in accordance with HACCP regulations and company Quality Management System
- Proactively looks for improvements in quality
- Effective forward planning and day to day management of labour spend and related costs within the department Manages the implementation of staff rosters and staff attendance matters.
- Contribute to enabling cost effective labour spend and optimisation of people to work allocation
- Meet production efficiency targets, ensuring delivery is on time as per the production schedule and conducted within budget
- Effectively communicate between the departments & teams to ensure optimum efficiency across common processes and enable consistent standards and delivery
- Efficient maintenance and operation of the department's food processing/packing machinery and equipment
- Applies innovative ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the production area
- Effective management of stock control and replenishment by team members and compliance with associated procedures within the area
- Takes initiative in developing, maintaining and improving methods for managing waste effectively and proactively contributes to ensuring compliance across the team
WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY
- WH&S Champion and Representative for the team
- Adheres to and ensures staff works in a safe and appropriate manner, with timely and accurate reporting of all workplace incidents
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience as a Production Manager in a large volume environment
- Background in food manufacturing/preparation and/or large commercial kitchen facility
- Exposure to Continual Improvement practices and or relevant qualifications
- Experience managing packaging and automated production machinery
- Sound practical knowledge of HACCP
- Understanding of safety practices in the operation of food manufacturing equipment used in production environment
- Solid communication skills Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a large team
- Dedicated with strong work ethic & 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work under pressure with pace and energy & meet deadlines
- Exceptional personal presentation & hygiene
- Passion for food / hospitality industry
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate or Food Technology Associate Diploma or equivalent