Senior Mechanical Technician - Edmonton
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Flexible Benefits + Share Scheme + Pension Plan
Are you looking for new challenges and personal growth within Coca-Cola European Partners? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
Do you have a personality with the power to influence and connect?
Can you sustain the pace to keep on growing?
Will you make an impact with your desire to win?
What you become part of:
Edmonton Operations produce 50 million cases of drinks per year across their 7 manufacturing lines. The site can produce up to 142,000 litres of drink per hour consisting of both PET and Glass bottling. They are the only site in GB to produce our Oasis Drinks. There are over 200 people across Manufacturing, QESH and Engineering, experience here can lead to excellent career opportunities both in Edmonton and further afield across other GB sites and Pan-European locations.
What to expect:
To safely maintain and improve production lines and its machinery within the designated work area to ensure the output is achieved within production performance, quality, yield and environment targets. Key responsibilities include:
- Involvement and support as required in new initiatives programmes
- Supply technical support to execute product and size change-overs and critical cleaning processes
- Ensure the completion of all asset care tasks defined within the Maintenance Execution Plan
- Give technical support and supervision to Operators and Operator Technicians to complete the Maintenance Plan
- Conduct Root Cause analysis as and when required
- Complete advanced preventative and breakdown maintenance so that machines meet efficiency, availability, yield and product quality targets
- Complete both preventative and corrective complex asset care and breakdown maintenance, as defined by the asset care plan, to ensure machines meet efficiency, availability, yield and product quality targets
- Ensure effective use of the site Maintenance Management System (SAPPM)
- Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Checks
- Conduct QESH checks to ensure that product and equipment remains within specification and escalate any non-conformance immediately
- Comply with Stock Checks/Held Stock procedures as required
- Involvement in Environmental and Health and Safety risk assessments as requested
- Segregate waste material from that suitable for recycling within own work area
- Site Health and Safety
- Follow Site Safety best practices to ensure safe-working for self and to protect the safety of colleagues to demonstrate zero accident tolerance
- Ensure own personal hygiene meets requirements of food industry
- Carry out all pre-use inspections on machinery to ensure they are safe to operate
- Share and replicate best practice with other team members and colleagues to improve yield, quality, safety and environment
- Advanced use of line monitoring systems and trending to drive performance and escalate issues/non conformances
- As and when required operate all machines (including start-ups, change-overs and shutdowns) in designated work area
- As and when required support utilities and facilities
- Perform other tasks as required by the department to ensure team performance and manufacturing output are achieved
- Conduct effective hand-overs at the shift start and during shift including all necessary safety, technical and quality issues
- Attend and support the delivery of pre-shift team briefing sessions to ensure communication and feedback of key operational and site information
- Support development of apprentices
- Qualified or experience apprentice served Engineer
- HNC mechanical engineering or above
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Fully equipped Engineering work shop.
- Good Experience of Welding
- Dual Skill an advantage (Mechanical & Electrical)