Warehouse Shift Manager
Permanent, Shift Based – 4 on 4 off, rotating Days 06:00-18:00 & Nights 18:00-06:00
Salary up to £55k p/a + 23 shifts Holiday p/a Jan-Dec + Business Bonus Plan + Contributory Pension Plan + Healthcare (soft benefit) + Free Parking within a South East London area
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
What you become part of:
Sidcup Distribution Centre is a 24/7 operation with Health & Safety and service at the forefront of everything we do with and for our colleagues and customers. We have circa. 110 dedicated colleagues / engineers, managers and flexible agency colleagues aligned in achieving the highest of standards for each other, our business and customers.
Our Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) warehouse holds 25,000 pallets and we are the only site to manage the Freestyle range in the GB Network. Every 24 hours we expect to receive around 3000+ pallets from the on-site manufacturing operation, directly into our automated storage facility, as well as handling 200+ vehicle movements all within a 24hr period.
Inbound vehicles arrive from our other factory sites, with palletised goods. We assemble orders of full pallets for dispatch to our customers and other sites across our network. Most customers order bulk pallets, which are assembled from the ASRS and rear-loaded onto third party haulage vehicles. We also carry out a sizeable case-picking operation within the adjacent conventional warehouse.
This is an amazing opportunity to not only join a fantastic team but one of the truly iconic brands in the world..
What to expect:
Coca-Cola European Partners are looking for an established shift manager to manage and organise a large and complex FMCG warehouse operation. Reporting directly to the Distribution GM you will be responsible for the full range of product movements from receipt through to picking, completion of customer deliveries and outgoing inter branch transfers.
Operating in the largest manufacturing and distribution facility in the South of our network, you will have the ability to deliver world class customer service. This will be done by leading, supporting, coaching and developing a team of frontline managers in a challenging environment whilst demonstrating a strong ability to drive operational compliance to process, strong decision making skills and the ability to lead the team effectively under pressure from multiple areas of the business with safety as the highest priority.
As the most senior person on shift a significant portion of your time you will be accountable for a variety of business metrics including safety, engagement, cost, process and service with a very clear expectation for delivering year on year improvements in all of these areas and more.
Skills & Essentials:
- High Health & Safety standards aligned to an ever evolving environment and is able to demonstrate past achievements
- Team Management and the ability to engage with the team demonstrating one of CCEP’s critical philosophies
- Proven track record for succession planning and performance management
- Strong record of process compliance and improvement
- Ability to develop your direct reports with coaching style aligned to a live operation and deliver performance improvement through wider team members
- Experience in a leadership role
- Can comprehend change management and lead change initiatives
- Project delivery and implementation whilst influencing key stakeholders (once trained in operational rules and routine)
- Acceptance of accountability for long term, sustained performance improvement
- The ability to work under pressure whilst managing multiple timed targets simultaneously
- You will maintain high standards of customer service, for internal customers (e.g. manufacturing), external customers (e.g. retailers) and communicate these values to your team
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
In return we can offer an exciting opportunity working with one of the most recognisable brands in the world.