Our client, a leading international supplier of chilled food products is looking to appoint a Quality Systems Manager. Reporting to, and deputising for, the Site Technical Manager you will be responsible for maintaining the site Quality Management System documentation and internal audits to ensure compliance with internal, customer and third-party assurance scheme requirements and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain, update and improve the QMS for the site to ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external standards.
- Review new or updated internal and external Food Safety, Quality and Integrity standards and update the QMS accordingly. This includes certification standards as well as customer policies.
- Co-ordinate the programme of Senior Management Review meetings including management of actions arising to ensure effective close out.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of the paperless QMS system.
- Manage the internal audit schedule to deliver compliance with legislative, BRC and customer policy requirements.
- Manage and maintain a robust system to record and close out corrective actions arising from internal and external audits.
- Support the site Technical Manager and their team in the investigation of serious complaints and incidents.
- Participate as a member of the HACCP Team and co-ordinate the maintenance of the site HACCP plan.
- Support development of raw material and packaging integrity and vulnerability assessments, finished product allergen database and raw material database.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have :
- A Food Science or Technical qualification or relevant experience.
- An internal or third party audit qualification
- HACCP training to Level 3 or 4 (desirable).
- Strong working knowledge and previous experience of managing Food Safety and Quality Systems.
- Knowledge of Retailer Food Safety, Quality and Product Integrity Standard (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organised with excellent attention to detail in written work.
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products.
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats.
- Site operate to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority.
- Pride themselves on creating high quality food and exceed many recognised industry standards.
- Care about their people
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
The role offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Typical working hours for the role are Monday to Friday, a 40 hour week generally working office hours.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4538 with an updated CV.