Our client, a leading international supplier of chilled food products, is looking to appoint a Production Manager. The Production Manager will report to the Senior Production Manager as part of a team of 3 Production Managers.
- You will play a key role in driving the business forward by being responsible for the efficient management of your department with an emphasis on meeting production targets, controlling unit costs, ensuring the highest standards of quality and hygiene are met and overall delivering effective leadership for your team.
- Your role will also require you to have a ‘hands on’ management style, developing and motivating your team, whilst continuing to build strong relations with all internal and external customers.
- You will actively support the learning and development of your team ensuring compliance and other internal training requirements are achieved and maintained.
- You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders ensuing 100% service level is achieved at all times whilst fully utilising all relevant raw materials, packaging and other resources.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally :
- Have previous managerial experience within a busy manufacturing environment’ ideally in a chilled environment working with short shelf life products.
- Be forward thinking, practical and have strong leadership skills with a real commitment to manufacturing excellence.
- Be passionate about, and experienced in, applying all aspects of lean manufacturing across the areas of responsibility and striving for continuous improvement as CI is an integral part of the business.
- Be inclusive, innovative and very much a team player
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products.
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats.
- Site operates to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority.
- Pride themselves on creating high quality food and exceed many recognised industry standards.
- Care about their people
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
The role offers a very competitive salary and excellent benefits. Working hours for the role are 6am to 4pm, with rotating days covering Monday to Saturday. Currently a 45 hour week but flexibility would be needed.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4539 with an updated CV.