Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the Major Retailers, is looking for a QA Supervisor (NIGHTS) for their site based in Kent / East London. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of QA Technicians with the main purpose of checking adherence to standards to ensure products meet requirements of food safety and legality.
Reporting to the QA Lead, key accountabilities will be to:
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of Quality Assurance Technicians, coaching and encouraging them to achieve results which meet targets and objectives, whilst supporting the company values
- Create a positive environment where team members value each others’ differences and work together effectively
- Conduct and manage the completion of raw material and finished product related investigations, traceability audits and complaints
- Create and maintain required systems and associated procedures/ paperwork to ensure compliance with legal and customer requirements for food manufacturing and health, safety and environment
- Participate in pre-production trials, trialling of new machinery for food processing and improving production processes
- Manage the technical trending systems (Samples, GMP, Non-conformances etc.) ensuring that the systems are maintained and updated as required
- Support Customer and Third party Audits
Skills and experience include:
- Ideally looking for experience in a chilled prepared food manufacturer or with other complex food products
- Excellent communication skills, ideally in a customer and supplier facing role
- Great organisational skills, skilled at time management
- Good standard of written English and Numeracy
- Ability to generate and interpret statistical data
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good IT skills- data entry, report writing (graphs & charts) and photography
- Ability to efficiently manage, motivate and develop a team
- A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
- Modern and well invested site
- Supplying Major Retailers across the UK
The role offers a salary of up to £30k per annum working 4 on 4 off, on the night shift, 6pm – 6am.
If you are interested in applying for this role then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4540 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.