Technical and Product Manager – South West London/WFH – Competitive Salary and Benefits
THE OPPORTUNITY: To join a growing, unbelievably passionate team coming off the back of 300%+ YOY growth.
THE BRAND: This company is on a mission to become the number one natural peanut butter in the UK in the next 3 years. Through sourcing the finest peanuts from a single family run estate in Argentina and adopting the kind of meticulous production processes they’re used to seeing in the likes of coffee and chocolate, they create mind blowing, multi award winning product.
Existing consumers are willing to pay more for it, more often and it’s introducing new people to peanut butter every day. With a customer list that includes the likes of Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado, Booths, Gousto, Mindful Chef, Farmdrop and Whole Foods Market delivering extraordinary growth, THIS IS AN UNBELIEVABLY EXCITING TIME TO JOIN THE FRAY!
As the Technical and Product Manager your main purpose is to manage the Quality Control and Assurance of products and processes. As the sole technical resource you will support the site team including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) protocols, introduction of new products into the plant and troubleshooting of microbiological and general product processing technical issues.
We are looking for someone who can really make a difference in this role through high delivery and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be able to deal with and rationalise many complex dependencies and issues, and present recommendations and options to meet business needs. You will have brilliant communication and influencing skills, with a proven ability to influence across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ensure the that all the products are up to standard from a quality, legal and safety standpoint.
- Lead the charge in continually developing the company to understand the product and help to maintain their position as best in class.
- Ensure any NPD is developed from concept stage to factory ready.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with the company's quality management system to make sure they adhere to standards on producing, handling and distributing products.
- Review existing policies and plan how to improve quality management systems ensuring a full programme of due diligence is appropriate and implemented.
- Label and artwork review and approval as and when required, ensuring legal compliance.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications through ownership of robust quality control processes and product release mechanisms.
- Day to day management of supply base to ensure they meet business and customer technical requirements.
- Lead preparation for customer, regulator and accreditation audits including annual BRC re-certification.
- Complaints management process from start to finish, from logging complaints, taking particular ownership for technical elements but also responding to customer/retailer and developing action plans with manufacturers to improve where appropriate.
- Undertake supplier technical visits as required.
- Management of new products from concept to launch through both internal and customer critical paths.
- Organise routine quality control tastings, benchmarking sessions and implement improvement plans.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7+ years’ proven work experience as a quality, food safety or technical manager to be successful. Likely to have, a Microbiology or food technology degree and auditing experience or equivalent.
- As the Technical and Product Manager you will need to demonstrate management, training, and leadership skills.
- You will need to own and lead site safety and environmental policies and develop suitable safety and environmental management protocols.
- You will represent the business on all technical related matters - internally and externally with customers.
- A creative and entrepreneurial self-starter, who has no problem rolling their sleeves up.
- Highly organised, able to multi-task and flex as the business needs grow and change.
- Strong team player.
- Ambitious and energetic.
- Confident in making decisions.
- Comfortable working in an ever changing & demanding environment.
The Technical and Product Manager role is full-time, working 9am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday but with flexible working. 2-3 days working from home 2 days in the office.
COMPENSATION AND PERKS:
•EMI options scheme
•Bike to work scheme
•28 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays
•Significant L&D budget
Nova Search and Selection is operating as an employment agency for this vacancy.