Arla Foods, Oakthorpe – North London
Full- time, Permanent
Who are Arla Foods?
- We are the UK’s largest Dairy.
- We are a farmer owned co-operative.
- We are the creator of household brands such as Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak®, Castello®, and many more of your favourites!
Is this the right role for me?
Are you an experienced Technical Manager within the FMCG industry? We are looking for an individual who is used to working in a fast paced environment and knows the food production process. Are you ready to really make a difference and have a positive impact? This position is working for one of the largest Dairy’s in the world which will give you great opportunity to develop and excel your skills to further your career.
What will the role look like?
- Develops and manages the function ensuring relevant certifiable standards/policies, customer demands, and legislation and local standards in a cost-conscious manner at a dairy or in a laboratory.
- Leads the way and connects Arla Foods’ vision, mission, strategy and values to the tasks of the department and for their Dairy/site.
- Ensures that the Dairy/site complies with Arla Foods’ standards and policies as well as the applicable legislation and customer requirements related to QEHS area including maintaining certificated standards.
- Leading and mentoring the team consisting of 4 Laboratory Technicians
- Report on any internal production issues, create reports for the SLT meeting
- Manage the internal audit programme, QEHS Manual/ HACCP and other internal technical documentation
- Continuously develops to acquire new knowledge in relation to QEHS and communicates this to their teams.
- Deputising for the QEHS Manager as and when required
What will I get?
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme- contribution matched up to 6%
- Salary Finance
- Flexible Benefits- buy annual leave, Reward Gateway Scheme- discounts with various retailers, cycle scheme with NI savings and tech scheme with NI savings
What experience and qualifications do I require?
- Auditing experience/ qualifications,
- HACCP level 3 or above required
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent desired
- Experience managing a Technical/ Laboratory team in an FMCG manufacturing environment needed
- Good communicator at all levels- deputy in meetings and on factory floor
- Team player, organised and methodical, fast paced and
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for, and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world.
There are 4,000 UK employees, and 19,000 global employees at the heart of Arla. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.