Head of Procurement
Walkers Shortbread is one of Scotland’s most iconic and respected companies.
Their signature pure butter shortbread is baked in the Speyside village of Aberlour to an original family recipe perfected by Joseph Walker in 1898, and it has gone on to develop many other excellent products and a truly global business. Indeed, its original product is said to be “the World’s Finest Shortbread”. It is an award-winning business, most recently “Family Business of the Year” and “Exemplary Employer of Choice”.
The Head of Procurement is an integral member of the senior management team and will report to the Finance & IT Director. You will be responsible for ensuring optimal purchasing activity, supplier performance and pricing structure as well as developing and maintaining a strategy which ensures that the procurement function is operating in line with the objectives of the business, adding value, driving cost savings, and mitigating supply chain risk.
We are looking for candidates who will relish the opportunity to really make a mark and an impact within procurement. There is an opportunity to drive process, governance and change and to build the team over the next few years to support the strategy of the business.
You will have responsibility for c.£90m spend which includes people and budgetary management, as well as for creating and implementing a best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies and process which improve business performance and contribute toward margin improvement.
Experience should include:
- Significant experience within a strategic procurement position where you have created, implemented and driven a procurement strategy and process review
- Experience of an FMCG environment driving cost savings and improvements in supplier quality
- Comprehensive understanding of procurement principles, procedures, and processes
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Integrity, gravitas and presence to influence stakeholders at various levels in the organisation including the Board
- Experience of implementing contract tender processes
- Demonstrable experience of driving significant cost savings and improvements in supplier quality
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and 'trouble shooting' as required
This is clearly a fantastic opportunity to join the Leadership Team of a company with an amazing history and heritage and which is equally determined to have a great future.
For further information and detailed conversation please contact Ailsa Sutherland via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0131 539 7087. You can download a candidate brochure here.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com