Job ref: 62848 | £20,000 - £22,000 | Dorset
This well-established and privately-owned food manufacturing company are experts within their sector in both manufacturing and creative NPD. They strive to remain true to their core values of quality, respect, provenance, service and design.
The purpose of the QA Assistant is to support the technical department by carrying out the day-to-day quality assurance tasks such as checking products, taking samples, checking packaging and labelling, temperature checks and monitoring overall product quality, raising any issues to the Technical Manager.
- Assist with technical functions including (but not limited to) microbiology, non-conformances and traceability.
- Monitor product quality, food safety and legality by ensuring procedures are followed.
- Assist in investigating complaints plus check and file process control sheets and technical information data.
- Conduct regular checks on all lines to assure the product quality and legality is at the required standard.
- Conduct all routine checks on CCPs.
- Collect, conduct and manage internal taste panel and shelf-life samples.
- Collect required finished product samples and environmental swabs for microbiological testing.
The QA Assistant job would suit a recent food science, nutrition, food technology or food safety graduate, ideally with some quality assurance/technical experience within a food manufacturing environment.
You will be able to demonstrate understanding of food safety and food hygiene and additional qualifications such as Food Safety, HACCP and Food Hygiene areygie highly desirable.
Good time management skills are also required together with a methodical, logical approach and good attention to detail.
The QA Assistant job is based in Dorset and is paying £20,000 - £22,000 according to experience plus 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
The working hours are 40 hours per week, on a rotating shift pattern of 6 am – 2 pm and 2 pm – 10 pm.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the QA Assistant job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file in order to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 working hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the stated requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is proud of their reputation of being professional and friendly, food industry recruitment consultants. Established in 2000, we are a market leader within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart, when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Technical Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Assistant | Quality Technician | QA Technician | QA Auditor | Food Manufacturing Quality Assurance Jobs | Dorset | South West