Job Title: EHS Manager/ Health & safety Manager
Location: East Anglia, Norfolk
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & benefits package
This is an exciting exclusive opportunity for a talented Senior Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join a successful FMCG Manufacturer at their East Anglian Site
As the Health, Safety& Environment Manager you will be a key member of the site Senior Leadership Team, with the ability to design and drive strategy whilst implementing group Environmental Health & Safety policies, at site level. Always ensuring legal compliance with regulatory bodies and company standards are achieved and maintained. With a very clear focus on EHS this is a great opportunity to join a business committed to a making a difference.
- We’re looking for a highly experienced HSE professional, who has successfully led and inspired teams in large complex process industries / manufacturing environments.
- You will be NEBOSH Diploma qualified ( or equivalent )and have environmental knowledge/qualification
- You will have experience of managing compliance with Environmental Permits.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of being externally audited by Regulators such as EA and HSE.
- Knowledge of Pollution Inventory Reporting and MCERT environmental monitoring certification at Effluent Plants.
- Good understanding of the requirements of the Environmental and Energy Management Systems and Health and Safety Management Systems: ISO 14001, ISO 5001,45001.
- Experience of being externally audited by Regulators and other interested parties.
- Experience of carrying out H&SE Audits, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Accident investigation and RIDDOR reporting experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant H&SE legislation
- You will be able to demonstrate extensive experience of up to date tools and techniques such as delivering Behavioural Safety programs and cultural change. Working in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
- Your natural style with be one of coaching and motivating teams and consistently delivering results.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to Site Director as Environmental Health & Safety Manager, the role works collaboratively with the site leadership team, members of group health & safety and environment teams as well as external agencies, to meet all legal requirements.
- Key deliverables will include delivering HSE performance through continuous improvement and assurance of effective management systems, strategic initiatives, cultural development and leadership
- As part of your role as EHS Manager , you develop site programmes to drive KPI improvements, through annual plans / projects and effective reporting tools
- Responsible for leading any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate, you will manage site audits and enforcement authority visits, to ensure successful compliance and close out of corrective actions.
- You will promote and facilitate the active exchange of new technologies, systems, tools and training packages and where they can be applied for the benefit of the site
- In addition, your role will be to maintain a high level of personal competence through internal and external sources.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant email@example.com quoting ref MC/9283 or call Max on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.