Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, alongside over 1000 independent accounts in the UK.
With a range of over 2,000 products available, Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK’s top 10 (Laila, Salaam & Apna – Nielsen 2017), represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies, as well as its own popular house-brands, including Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
Due to exciting growth, we are looking to expand our Commercial Team and have an exciting opportunity for 2 ambitious and dynamic Food Service National Account Managers.
The role is field based, although will be required to visit Head Office in Harwich as and when business needs require as well as visiting our retail customers at various locations across the UK.
Your role will be to develop and drive forward a group of retail national accounts for our well-known branded Rice product (Laila, Salaam and Apna Nielsen 2017) as well as retail own label products, strategic promotional and range planning, data sharing, category development and long-term/ joint business planning.
The role may also include collaborative project work alongside Marketing, NPD, Technical departments and day to day contact with retail buyers and regular sales meetings.
Essential for the role
We are one of the largest suppliers of authentic World Foods to the UK Food Sector, we are looking for someone with previous account management experience at a national account level, as well as;
- Retail account experience
- Experience managing branded and own label products (beneficial but not essential)
- Experience within the frozen / ambient industry (would be a benefit to the candidate not essential)
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and provide forecasting and sales analysis to relevant departments
- Negotiation of pricing, margins and shelf positioning
- Support the brand image and values in store
- Responsible for managing and developing existing and generating new food service accounts.
- Regular face to face meetings with key contacts within assigned or developed accounts
- Deliver own sales, profitability and promotion budgets consistently
- Become an expert for each customer account identifying competitor and strategic initiatives.
- Professionally manage customer relationships enhancing the Surya reputation as a reliable and trusted supplier
- Proactively collaborative with customers to ensure day to day KPI’s such as volumes, sales, margin, service levels and promotions are all on track
- To develop new growth business through NPD and setting up new customer accounts
- To successfully negotiate/increase prices when required
- Liaise internally with members of the organisation to ensure service levels are maintained at a minimum level of 98%.
- To provide periodic ongoing reports to the Managing Director, as required.
- IT Literate, especially the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Strong selling & negotiation skills
- Effective time management
- The ability to develop strong commercial propositions
- Able to work efficiently on your own
- Good teamwork & Communication skills
- Ability to maintain and manage relationships at senior levels
- FMCG knowledge is essential
- Salary range from £40,000 – £45,000 per year, dependent on experience (+ Bonus)
- Bonus package dependent on experience, including, Laptop & Mobile Phone to be provided. Workplace pension, company car / car allowance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a fast paced innovative sector.