Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, alongside over 1000 independent accounts in the UK.
With a range of over 2,000 products available, Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK’s top 10 (Laila, Salaam & Apna – Nielsen 2017), represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies, as well as its own popular house-brands, including Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
Due to exciting growth, we are looking to expand our Commercial Team and have an exciting opportunity for experienced Business Development Managers for our World Foods business.
The role is field based, although you will be required to visit Head Office in Harwich as and when business needs require.
Reporting to the Managing Director this is a role responsible for successful strategic business development activities for the business for which you will be a key contributor. Building on your experience and knowledge, having worked in a comparable role in FMCG, this will be a hands on role having a commercial slant that will drive key growth areas of the world foods business.
Essential for the role
We are one of the largest suppliers of authentic World Foods to the UK Food Sector, we are looking for someone with previous experience leading and planning of business initiatives within the Food Industry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the planning, execution and analysis of relevant business initiatives related to key products.
- Acquire new business from existing customers and potential customers using initiative and your personal skills.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of key products and markets.
- Increase the customer base.
- Deliver against the future growth strategy of the business.
- Organise meetings with existing and new clients.
- Maintain strong customer relations.
- Research, analyse and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalise on market opportunities and minimise effects of competitive activity.
- Ensure sales KPI’s are monitored and strived toward on an ongoing basis.
- Provide periodic reports with recommendations.
- Experience within FMCG & food sales growth environment.
- Experience and knowledge of food sales domestically.
- A proven track record in developing and growing product sales within the food sector.
- Experienced in generating new business and managing successful negotiations.
- Experienced and successful in growing existing accounts.
- Excellent managerial and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products.
- Sound experience of working with IT sales platforms.
- Excellent business and commercial skills.
- Salary is Competitive/Negotiable dependent on experience (+ Bonus potential)
- Bonus package dependent on experience, including, Laptop & Mobile Phone to be provided. Workplace pension.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a fast paced innovative sector.