To support the Technical Manager to ensure that Sargents Bakeries operates to the highest Food Safety Standards. Updating and maintaining the company’s food safety and quality system, to ensure compliance to customer and BRC requirements.
• Deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence.
• Managing the Technical Supervisor who manages the QA team.
• Being actively involved with customer visits and external audits.
• Maintain and improve technical policies, processes and procedures through the HACCP, QMS, operating practices and process controls to deliver consistent product quality, food safety, leal products in line with BRC and customer codes of practice.
• Maintain, meet and develop technical KPI’s, through trending.
• Driving the company’s food safety and quality programme.
• Problem solving and pro-active continuous improvement, using product and analytical knowledge/experience in conjunction with other departments to resolve issues which arise affecting product quality, food safety and legality, using root cause and gap analysis.
• Conducting and Managing internal audit programme.
• Manage the customer complaint system through logging, investigation, customer responses and trending.
• Managing customer scorecards and technical requirements
• Manage the review, logging and action lab results.
• Communicating to ensure consistent messages are filtered through the department and the business.
• Working cross–functionally providing support and direction for the site teams to ensure high standards of product safety, legality and quality.
• Technical training – enforcement of GMP and hygiene rules.
• Communication with supplier for raw material rejections.
• Assisting with all general aspects of the technical department as required
• Customer label approvals to ensure accuracy and compliance.
• Any other duties as outlined by the Technical Manager to facilitate continual improvements to the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and Best Practice.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES
• Relevant Degree
• Industry experience in a similar field
• Meticulous attention to detail with high quality standards.
• Excellent communication at all levels with the ability and confidence to deal with difficult situations in a tactful and diplomatic manner, thus maintaining the professional image of the company.
• Ability to plan, manage and prioritise multiple tasks and projects in order to meet business and customer deadlines with a flexible working approach.
• Analytical, methodical and logical approach to problem solving, with the ability to make decisions relating to the best outcome for food safety and the business
• Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team within a busy department, with a positive and pro-active approach
• Internal Auditor / auditing experience / BRC & HACCP
• Computer literate ie: word, excel, specification-based systems.
• Minimum HACCP level 3 an advantage
• Food Hygiene Qualifications
• Bakery experience preferable