Your role as Hygiene Manager will be to ensure that all areas of the site are to the required standards, and that the Department are complying with hygiene regulations and health and safety legislation, using Best Practice, BRC and our own customer standards.
This is a hands on role within the factory, however, good administration skills are also of key importance in order to complete all documentation and paperwork as required.
You will have an understanding of HACCP, BRC and other food safety standards and procedures.
• Planning the work of the on-site hygiene teams to drive continual improvements in hygiene standards.
• Develop and audit hygiene schedules and work instructions to ensure all customer, regulatory, visits and certification audits are passed and that best practice is maintained at all times.
• Manage the ordering and stock control of hygiene consumables and chemicals to a set budget.
• Develop and maintain detailed cleaning instructions and schedules for every hygiene activity that meet the requirements of the BRC and Customer food safety standards.
• Manage the provision of hygiene chemicals and dosing equipment on site - to include chemical dosing checks, maintenance and use of equipment and to oversee the safe storage, decant, transport and use of chemicals on site, to the required Health and Safety Standards.
• To perform scheduled environmental swabbing.
• To provide training and awareness for all hygiene and waste handling staff in all procedures relevant to their role.
• To manage the segregation, recording, storage and timely removal of all waste.
• To ensure the external waste area is maintained in a safe, controlled and hygienic manner at all times.
You will need to be a competent professional with proven experience of managing and leading a hygiene team within a food manufacturing environment.
• Flexible approach to working and committed to weekend and occasional night shift working.
• Experience of working within BRC and Retailer standards
• Proven experience of driving improvements in site standards
• Industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning systems and methodology
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and motivate staff and colleagues.
• Experience of conducting training on a 1:1 basis or to small groups.