At Oscar Mayer Erith, we specialise in making and developing retailer label prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers. We are committed to supplying outstanding quality, value and service to all our customers.
Due to growth and expansion in our business, we are looking to grow our Technical Team with the addition of a Senior Process Development Technologist.
- Reporting to the Process Development Manager, you will be responsible for the successful transfer of products from the concept/NPD stage through to trials and production.
- Working closely with colleagues across Operations, Engineering, NPD and Technical you will work to ensure that projects are delivered on time and in line with customer expectations.
- This is a fast paced, high volume, food manufacturing site and you will be managing multiple projects, coordinating factory trials, responding to customer requirements and coaching and developing your team.
You will also ensure that all legal and safety standards are adhered to during the process and production phases.
Responsible for organising factory / pre-launch and shelf life trials as required. Ensuring that correct process is followed and data collection is shared with all relevant parties.
Monitor team trial outcomes and ensure efficient and accurate results are achieved in line with critical path, whilst protecting product margins.
Ensure that products meet the correct customer criteria and all relevant departments have the necessary information to complete the customer requirements for launch critical path.
Generate & maintain customer Quality Attribute Information for all products
This role requires strong communication across the business both internally & externally.
Must provide a central point of information for factory enquiries on product trials and or launches.
As central contact for factory enquiries you are responsible for translating kitchen methods into suitable factory processes.
To manage & maintain relevant customer relationships, presentations and panels.
Provide a tangible input into the ongoing improvement of product quality of existing dishes as part of the development team.
Review and translate shelf life & nutritional results, managing any required product changes internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Ideally educated to Degree level, you will be a proven Process Technologist with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Confident in your approach, you will have great interpersonal skills and will be able to develop good working relationships with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You will have exceptional project management skills and a demonstrable track record in delivering projects on time and meeting customer expectations.
- This is a pressurised and challenging role, so you will need to be resilient and flexible, able to adapt quickly in a busy FMCG environment.