This is a fantastic opportunity for a Food Science graduate to join a highly successful International Food Ingredients Company. Supporting the Technical Manager and Technical Assistant, the person’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing Specification Registers and maintaining their validity
- Supporting suppliers in completing questionnaire templates on an online supplier management system.
- Comparing new supplier product specifications with current supplier specifications
- Work with the Technical Manager to generate query reports from the online supplier management system to replace the manual specification comparison spreadsheets
- Maximising the use of the automated functions within online supplier management system e.g., email requests to suppliers and updates to the customers.
- Communicating with suppliers to maintain up to date documentation and uploading them to the online portals.
- Assist the team in managing the QA email inbox and internal communication
- Participating in HACCP, VACCP & TACCP reviews
- Assist the team during forward and backward product traceability exercises (Internal & External).
- Reviewing the ethical status of the suppliers and updating registers
- Assist in the preparation for the 3rd party audits at company's offices.
This is an exciting role in a fast-paced environment. Candidates will need to demonstrate: Integrity and honesty
An appreciation for natural, healthy foods and a healthy, balanced lifestyle
- The ability to develop close working relationships with customers, suppliers, and colleagues
- Degree-level Food Science / Technology qualifications.
- Experience working in a Quality Assurance role in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Quality Management systems.
- A good standard of IT skills, with some knowledge of specification databases would be a bonus. (e.g. Foods Connected, Hamilton Grant).
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal confidently with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
- A positive “can-do” attitude and a desire to be part of a successful team.