We are a food business with over 35 years trading history supplying retail and food service customers in the UK and export markets with alternative dairy products. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Technical and Development team to help support us with a broad knowledge of technical and NPD skills. This is a junior position and would suit a graduate or somebody looking to enhance their technical and NPD skills in a SME with brand and own label activity.
Reporting the Head of Technical & Development, this is a newly created position to help support the existing team.
You will be responsible for;
- Ensuring products comply with current and future UK legislation.
- The completion and maintenance of finished product specifications and QAS documents, ensuring they are generated in approved formats for all customers including retailer-based specification systems, to agreed timescales and ensuring compliance with customer requirements and relevant legislation.
- Complete SAQ’s.
- Researching, understanding and advising the business on labelling requirements for other regions in the world as required.
- Supporting our NPD activity by liaising with suppliers and customers to allow smooth introduction of exciting new product lines.
- Supporting cross departmental activity in relation to technical & NPD functions.
- Love the food industry and want to be a key part of our broad, dynamic business.
- Be customer focused, and demonstrate an ability to understand technical issues and technical documents such as specifications, packaging and artwork.
- Ideally be degree qualified or equivalent in a food science related discipline.
- Have knowledge of UK food legislation and labelling and ideally have experience working with UK retailers.
- Be conscientious and diligent, with good attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Be flexible with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have an understanding of technical systems including HACCP and BRC and ideally UK retailer policy and ways of working.
- Be competent in Microsoft Word/Excel and customer specific IT platforms.
- Have a fun, can do attitude, be personable and care about the role and success of our team and business.
- Full time position – office based 9am - 5pm in Knutsford, Cheshire. Would consider part time hours for the right candidate.
- Salary – negotiable.