A vacancy has arisen for a chilled and frozen food manufacturer, operating from a purpose built BRC AA grade factory. They service all of the major retailers with delicious, nutritious and easy food that’s also free-from and vegan.
With ambitious plans for growth, the team have a down to earth approach with a genuine desire to deliver results in this exciting sector and fast paced business. With an entrepreneurial culture, everyone has a real impact on the success of the business and close teamwork with open communication is key.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for NPD and EPD projects, this is a varied role working on recipe development and reformulations through to factory trials, validation testing and sensory evaluation. You'll be managing your own projects, engaging with suppliers and stakeholders across the business to take products from concept through to successful launch.
• Manage the NPD projects from concept through to successful launch
• Research new trends
• Create and develop recipes in the development kitchen
• Source new ingredients and packaging from both existing and new suppliers
• Work closely with the commercial team in the development of innovative products
• Managing factory trials where necessary
• NPD administration that includes, recipe creation and sign off and ensuring that NPD pathway documentation is kept up to date
• Previous experience working in a development role within food manufacturing
• A food science degree or relevant qualifications
• This is a hands-on role; therefore you will be happy working in both a development and production environment, have a good awareness of food trends
• A can-do attitude with energy and passion for your work; great at building positive relationships with colleagues and suppliers
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Strong understanding of Excel, Word and Powerpoint