Technical & Operations Manager
Job ref: 62886 | £35,000 | East Sussex
The role is working for a highly successful manufacturer which is dedicated to producing the highest quality and natural products, which are supplied to customers all over the UK.
This is a brand-new role which has been created due to the company’s ongoing success and growth. You will be responsible for overall site management (total of 22 staff across all areas) plus manage the quality assurance and technical requirements including supplier management.
As this is a new role, there is excellent potential and plenty of flexibility to make the role your own.
- Ensure all products are safe and compliant.
- Manage the quality, hygiene and GMP systems.
- Manage environmental, raw material and finished product micro testing programs.
- Lead the HACCP site team.
- Quality issues investigation and corrective action reporting (internal and consumer complaints)
- Manage health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide the information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure the health and safety of employees.
- Lead, manage and motivate the site operations team, ensuring all staff are suitably trained to work safely and effectively.
You will possess a strong food manufacturing track record at a management level, most ideally working with meat products. Tertiary qualifications in Food Science or a related discipline is highly desirable.
You will have knowledge of quality systems, GMP and HACCP together with an understanding of raw material and supplier management.
Excellent communication skills are essential together with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
A driving licence is preferred due to company location.
The Technical & Operations Manager job is based in East Sussex and is paying £35,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4/5 pm according to business activity.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Technical & Operations Manager job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Technical Manager | Food Operations Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | QA Manager \ Head of Operations