Aylesbury – Energy Centre
As an Arla Engineer, you will make sure that the nation get Cravendale milk in their tea each morning, Skyr yoghurt in their breakfast bowl, and Anchor butter on their toast.
This is an exciting opportunity. You’ll be able to work with state of the art machinery at our largest flagship dairy. Built in 2010, covering 76 acres, 100% carbon neutral dairy is the very first of its kind in the world! It plays a big part in helping Arla to #feedthenation, producing a staggering 1 billion litres of milk per year.You’ll receive internal and external training, to ensure that you meet your fullest potential.
What is our Energy Centre?
Aylesbury dairy is the first zero carbon milk processing facility in the world and, throughout the design stage, the potential impact of the dairy on the environment has been evaluated. Going forward Arla is committed to utilising the best available construction techniques, advanced process technologies and cutting edge renewable energy opportunities. As part of this process we have built an Energy Centre that supplies all essential utilities to the dairy including: steam, hot water, fresh air supply to the dairy (AHU/HVAC) , electricity, refrigeration etc.
So what do our engineers actually do?
Our Engineers are problem solvers. They are responsible for maintaining, fixing and installing the machinery that allows us to create tasty, healthy, high quality products. As a Senior Utilities Engineer , you will save the day if there’s a breakdown in our Energy Centre as well as participating in planned preventative maintenance of the facility.
- Utilities Engineers conduct corrective maintenance in case of site equipment failure and breakdown
- Fault find and diagnose the problem, contact the external contractors for repairs accordingly
- Maintaining services across the site (facility itself) eg boilers, refrigeration, ETP, general services, lighting, cooling tower
- H&S adhered to and improved in area.
- Area standards up to audit level.
- Challenges current processes and practices to identify new opportunities.
- Carries out equipment and plant condition appraisals.
- Completes root cause analysis with relevant site teams
What you’ll need to be a successful Senior Utilities Engineer at Aylesbury:
- Strong experience having dealt with boilers, refrigeration, water treatment, CHP in a Site Services role
- Be an apprenticeship trained Engineer
- A positive and resilient approach to problem solving, team working, and continuous improvement
- Suitable background industries but not limited to: water treatment, industrial facilities management, anaerobic digestion, commercial shipping, facilities maintenance
Things we’d love to tell you about Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poop powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
What will I get?
- Competitive Salary – you will be happy to hear we have just finished our Engineering salary benchmarking exercise
- Pension Scheme- contribution matched up to 6%
- Flexible Benefits- buy annual leave, Reward Gateway Scheme- discounts with various retailers, cycle scheme with NI savings and tech scheme with NI savings
Want to apply?
We are so excited to welcome you to the Arla family.
If you have a question about the role, then please contact Dee on firstname.lastname@example.org
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for, and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world.
There are 4,000 UK employees, and 19,000 global employees at the heart of Arla. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.