Great opportunity to join a food manufacturing group as Quality Manager on a 6-month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
My client is looking for an experienced Quality Manager with food manufacturing experience to join the business on a 6-month FTC, possible extension to 12 months. They manufacture a range of products that are distributed throughout the UK and Europe in the multiples and small to medium sized, retailers. The ideal candidate will have a food related degree or equivalent and several years' experience working within Food Factories.
Reporting into the Technical Director, you will work closely with the factory's technical personnel.
You will be responsible for reviewing and improving the factory QMS system and to prepare the site for upcoming major retailer audits.
To apply you will need the following:
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, HACCP, BRC, Allergen Controls, Ethical Requirements, Internal Auditing, third party and retailer accreditation systems and Codes of Practice is essential. A HACCP based qualification is also desirable.
- Experience in preparing product specifications, web based, and word based is essential. The specification will be for finished products and raw material used in Solent products.
- Knowledge of UK retailer requirements is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft and other computer programmes to prepare technical documentation and carry out data analysis e.g. complaints, trends etc
- You will work well in a team environment and be self-motivated and disciplined.
- You will need to be a strong communicator, both verbally and written.
- Preferred degree educated in food or similar.
Get in touch, by applying now, for further information.