Our client, based in North Yorkshire, is looking for an ambitious Supplier Development and Sustainability Manager to be responsible for the Supplier Management System as well as the governance and coordination of the Sustainability Agenda. Candidates will need to be willing and able to travel in UK & Worldwide.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Leading the management, review/upgrade & control of the supplier approval process covering new & existing raw materials & packaging suppliers
- Being a lead auditor in the formal auditing of suppliers from both a quality & sustainable development perspective
- Prioritising auditing in line with risk assessment & evaluation, following up on improvement action plans and providing coaching as required
- Keeping the wider Technical, Procurement and Sales teams informed of developments with suppliers & product supply chains
- Teaming up with Procurement to identify potential suppliers, ensuring contingency plans are in place & supporting strategic sourcing decisions
- Coordinating the sustainability action plan, answering customer requests and reporting data in line with legal requirements and strategic priorities
- Ensuring & facilitating, thorough communication with the wider business, to add maximum value to customer service
- Providing provenance and product facts for sales documentation, marketing material creation and digital communication
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Able to demonstrate successful previous experience in a Supplier Management role including Supplier Auditing, preferably in the Food / Drink or Personal Care Industry
- Knowledge of Sustainability / CSR
- Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs
- Knowledge of responsible sourcing initiatives & standards, for example RSPO, Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance standards
- Ideally, knowledge of Quality Management & Food Safety standards
- Autonomy in establishing and managing priorities, ability to work mostly on their own
- Excellent networking, interpersonal & relationship building skills, able to communicate successfully and influence both cross-functionally and vertically
- Proactive & pragmatic approach, curious and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Confident IT skills, proven record of using all Microsoft programmes
- Must have driving licence
- Their vision is to be the preferred supply partner in their market, providing best in class quality and service
- Fantastic Health and Safety Values
- Culture that encourages ethical conduct
- Co-operative relationship between Production and Quality Assurance
- Believes in respect for colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Expects employees to commit to deliver excellence in all areas of the business
- Encourages individuals to stand up with confidence for what they believe in, dare to challenge and be open to new ideas
The salary for this role is £40k - £45k per annum, working a 40 hour week, with typical working hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (with some flexibility required to meet the needs of the business).
If you have exemplary organisational skills, project management knowledge and are able to meet tight deadlines and prioritise your workload then this could be the job for you. The client is looking for a creative thinker, able to challenge established ways of doing things with a continuous improvement attitude.
Please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4543 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.