Our client, a family business with sites throughout the North West, is looking for a Night Shift Quality Assurance Technician for their site in Lancashire for a 12 month fixed term contract. You will be responsible for promoting quality, food safety and Health & Safety by leading by example, challenging unsafe practices and behaviour; assisting in driving the site Quality agenda and Health & Safety culture. You will take collective responsibility for all food products that are produced; sharing best practice and knowledge with others to support continuous improvement.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Carrying out quality checks (e.g. product temperatures, label checks) and site auditing (e.g. hygiene, GMP, glass & plastics) and Critical Control Points (CCPs) verification audits.
- Assisting site in preparing for third party audits (e.g. BRC / SALSA, EHO, TSO, Customers).
- Being fully conversant with all traceability systems including mass balance.
- Investigating complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion; working with the site team to reduce complaints.
- Auditing and filing of traceability documentation, ensuring that non-conformances are communicated and corrective actions are implemented with the production teams to ensure due diligence.
- Managing the calibration of all site equipment (e.g. scales, probes).
- Attending weekly quality team meeting.
- Collection and preparation of product samples for product assessment/taste panel and to be sent to the laboratory for analysis.
- Collecting documentation/photographs in order to produce finished product specifications and Quality Attribute Sheets.
Essential skills and experience include:
- An understanding of quality management systems.
- Working knowledge of HACCP & CCPs.
- Experience of working with BRC / SALSA standard would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment (ideally high care / high risk)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- Level 2 HACCP.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible.
- North West based family business
- Currently one of the county’s largest employers with more than 800 staff
- Purpose-built distribution centre
- Are expanding - have recently purchased an additional factory unit
The shift pattern is 38 hours worked over 5 nights, Monday to Friday. You will need to hold a driving licence as local travel between sites will be required
Are you are a positive person who adopts a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations? Do you take responsibility for challenges and look for options and solutions to overcome obstacles? Then this could be the next role for you.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-T4544 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.