At Oscar Mayer Erith, we specialise in making and developing retailer label prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers. We are committed to supplying outstanding quality, value and service to all our customers.
Due to continued growth in our business, we are looking to recruit a Concept Technologist to support within the NPD area of the business.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Development of new and existing products
- Progressing multiple projects through the NPD system from brief to launch
- Drive continuous improvement by being attuned to ongoing developments with new raw materials and processes, competitor activity and market trends, in the associated categories.
- To monitor final product costs throughout the development process and advise of any deviation whilst agreeing corrective action as appropriate
The Ideal candidate will have:
- NPD professional with a degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing preferably chilled.
- A strong understanding of new product development and manufacturing processes, and problem solving abilities, who can think outside the box whilst under pressure.
- Passionate foodie with an impressive working knowledge of the NPD processes
- Creative and confident in presenting new products
- Outgoing, passionate with a high degree or self-motivation
Please email HR@ferndalefoods.co.uk if you require further information and a full Job Description.